IT Club organized several seminars and workshops in the session 2012-13 for the students of BCA ,BSc and MSc(IT).Seminars on various emerging issues in the field of information technology were conducted .The primary objective of the workshops and seminars were to sharpen the skills of students and improve their analytical and technical abilities. The main focus in the each seminar was apprising students about the latest innovations in the field of Information Technology.
Detailed information about the seminars:-
- A workshop on Aptitude Training by Infomaths was conducted on 29th August, 2012. This workshop focused on shortcuts and simple formulas to solve complex problems which generally help students in various competitive exams .It also focused on MCA entrance examinations for various universities like P.U., NIT’s, IIT’s, Thapar, JNU etc. Around 100 students participated in this workshop.
- A seminar on System Maintenance by Appin Technology was organized on 18th September, 2012.It focussed on various tools and techniques which can be very helpful in system maintenance.
- A seminar on Web Development by Netmax Technology was conducted on 7th November,2012. The seminar focussed on various emerging web development technologies which can be very helpful in designing web applications. This seminar also focused on various future options in the field of information technology.Around 100 students participated in this seminar.
- A seminar on Vedic Mathematics and Competitive Exams by MCA Experts was conducted on 21st November,2012. Students also participated in the session based on mathematics which focused on shortcuts and easy formulas to solve complex problems which generally help students in various competitive exams. Around 70 students participated in this Seminar.
- A seminar on Phone Gap by HCL Info Systems Ltd was conducted on 23rd August,2012.The seminar focussed on creation of mobile applications using open source Phone Gap.Around 50 students participated in the seminar.